Today at worship, Minister Edwards gave a frightening speech. With me only being eight years old it was very scary. The way I took it was that no matter what I do, I will never be good enough for God. Also, I am almost guaranteed to perish in hell unless I receive the mercy of God. When Minister Edwards said, "The pit is prepared" I took that as him saying god is the one who wants us to go to hell. It seems like there is no way around it. It was mentioned how God is angry.
With God being angry, there is no hope. I wish God could be loving and not mean. This sermon makes me not trust God. I wish there wasn't a God at all! If I was heard saying that, I would be chastised to the fullest though. With that said, God is frightening and I will never be good enough for him.
This is a good start to a response. Even though it's being perceived from a small child, I think that more could have been said. The sentiment is definitely there, and I can feel the fear that the kid experiences. However, what other examples from the speech can you use, and how can you respond to it? Just needs more focus.
ReplyDelete7/10