Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My able-ities as a right-er

It's been awhile since I have had to write.  Those past few months were nice. In Honors English III last year, writing took a toll on me.  I had to hammer down and actually work hard compared to other classes I was taking *cough* Intermediate Algebra *cough.*  Semester one and two's portfolios really made me hone down my creative and writing skills. I would consider myself quite creative.  That in itself can be a strength when it comes to not only writing, but many other aspects of life.  I'm so thankful for all the great English teachers that have shaped my writing.  A big shout out to Professor Lister.

I'm curious to find out what kind of topics we will write about in English 101/102.  I feel as if this class will drag on but that's okay.  I find Non-Fiction easier to write about because of the unlimited amount of resources to pull information from.  Fiction is harder because you have to tap into your inner psyche and use your creative side.  I'm hoping to learn better time management skills this year.  I sometimes feel like I have ADD because I tend to get distracted very easily.  Hopefully this year, that will change.  I know the importance of this class so I'm going to take it very seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your writing break. It's time for me to burst your happy little bubble, though. Back to work!

    I'm glad to see Honors was a challenge and that you took on another challenge in 101/102 instead of running with your tail between your legs like some other classmates. Also, thanks for the praise. I did my best. What matters is that you worked hard and continue to work hard this semester.

    Keep on keeping on!

    10/10

    ReplyDelete