Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pre-writing for personal narrative

Over the summer, I took care of two autistic children.  My whole outlook on life changed after that. It was a very beneficial experience.  My mom and I even took them to a special needs camp for a week.  By doing so, I saw many people who aren't quite "all there." After seeing that, it made me appreciate how I am much more and have a better appreciation for people with special needs.

Another life changing experience is when I went to New Orleans, Louisiana.  I went to help the less fortunate.  It was a nice experience because it opened my eyes to poverty in this country and how good I actually have it. The city was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was dirty and smelled and the people were dirty and smelled.  After the trip, I've been more appreciative for what I have here at home.

1 comment:

  1. I realize I never posted comments on your blog. So here we go!

    I really think the experience taking care of autistic children is really helpful. I think this could lead to some very good stories that would open up the readers' minds, especially if they don't know much about autism and how it affects people.

    Your other example is also very good. You have a wide source to choose from. Think about which one seems to tell a better story to your reader. Be sure to focus in on how it changed your view of the world. Good work.

    ReplyDelete